Home Chat General Chat

Training plans - Sprint to OD

julesojuleso Posts: 279
Hello all

I'm wondering if anyone has a training plan (book, website....) for moving from Sprint to OD. I'm happy to follow something to the letter but obviously I don't want to find after 6 weeks that there was a better plan out there.

The Great North Swim plan has done wonders for my swim stamina but the rest of my training lacks direction.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received....

Thanks

juleso

If I lose this message again I'm going to SCREAM!!

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    220 mag had an article on this a few months ago.

i;ll see if I can find it and scan it for you... give me a PM if I've not got around to it by Monday.

cheers

didds
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Thanks, didds. If you could please let me know the issue I might have it already; save you the trouble of scanning. Is that a plan that you've tried at all? My problem is not so much finding a training plan but finding one that someone has actually used and would recommend.

Cheers
    juleso
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i was following the 220 one that didds referred to for about 6 weeks or so. i was following it to build up to city of bath OD but chose to do cricklade OD about half way through the training plan. i used the last couple of weeks of the plan during taper and will go back to some of it after this sunday.

it seemed pretty good, it was understandable to a novice anyway!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.