Home Chat General Chat

FORUM ISSUES – HOPEFULLY A REMEDY

Dear all

With the new forum, we're having a few glitches... but hopefully what follows will solve the 'log in, log out' issue that appears to have affected several of you.

It seems the issue's down to cookies. Here's what you need to do depending on your computer and internet browser.

How to delete Cookies

For PC: Firefox

Tools > Options
‘Privacy’ tab
Show Cookies
Select 220triathlon.com and, if applicable, 220magazine.com from the list
Remove Cookies

· Internet Explorer

Tools > Internet Options
‘General’ tab
Browsing History section > Delete
Either click ‘Delete Cookies’ button, or check ‘Cookies’ box from list, then click ‘Delete’ button (depends on version)

· Chrome

Spanner button (top right of browser) > Options
‘Under the Hood’ tab
Cookie Settings > Show Cookies
Select all 220triathlon.com cookies from the list (shift + click to select multiple cookies from list)
‘Remove’ button

· Safari

Edit > Preferences

‘Security’ tab
Show Cookies
Select 220triathlon.com from the list
Remove

For Mac: Firefox

Firefox > Preferences
‘Privacy’ tab
Show Cookies
Remove Cookies

· Safari

Safari > Preferences
‘Security’ tab
Show Cookies
Remove

Right, hopefully that helps.
JW, ed

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Thanks, seemed to have finally worked for me.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Lovely new forum....clean lines I like...but bloomin' eck...it's hard work!!! However don't want to bemoan the hard background work that's gone into it, teething problems and all...but how do I change my new bamboozling password...or have I missed that one!!?? :roll: Oh and what does this face mean? ..oh..just realised it's a 'light bulb'..thought it was something completely different at first...must put my glasses on!!!
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Seems to have worked!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    One think I've spotted, when I first navigate to the Board index page it appears as if I'm not loggin in. However, as soon as I click onto the General Chat board, I'm magically logged in.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I give up!
    Now when I try and change my password, from the gibberish that was sent out in an email, it now tries to get me to create a new account.

I've had enough.
    Will try logging in again in a couple of weeks. Maybe it'll all be sorted out by then.
    Really hope that 220 aren't paying for the IT support on this.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    at bl**dy last got on without being logged out