Home Chat General Chat

In hot water

ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
Went to OW swim this evening at Syston, Leicester Tri. Compulsary no wet suit, water temp. 26 degrees !!

Bit nervous, 1000m lap and have to use my legs (that don't swim properly) but once going it was lovely. Especially when you hit a deeper bit and it was a bit cooler. Did two laps, definitely harder on legs and shoulders.

Hope IMUK doesn't get this warm. The whole distance will be tough without the float.

Ade

Comments

• is there any chance that IMUK could become a non wetsuit race? The reason I say this is that on the website it says that they are compulsary, it makes no mention to the usual manatory regulations from the BTF, I was just wondering? Plus, was this body of water that you were racing in Shaggy fairly small and shallow as hopefully the sheer size of rivington reservoir will keep the temperature down.
  • further update, IMUK just got back to me, they say that it is highly unlikely that the swim would not be a wetsuit race because of the size and depth of the lake.
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    further update, IMUK just got back to me, they say that it is highly unlikely that the swim would not be a wetsuit race because of the size and depth of the lake.
    Thank god for that I'd be sunk sorry for the pun.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    is there any chance that IMUK could become a non wetsuit race? The reason I say this is that on the website it says that they are compulsary, it makes no mention to the usual manatory regulations from the BTF, I was just wondering? Plus, was this body of water that you were racing in Shaggy fairly small and shallow as hopefully the sheer size of rivington reservoir will keep the temperature
    Ironman is run independantly from ITU, therefore British Triathlon have no jurisdiction over Ironman events, which means BT rules do not apply to Ironman events.