Home Chat General Chat

For Goodness Shakes - where's the race info?

Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
Is anyone else going the For Goodness Shakes Sprint next Sunday at Dorney? I've not received my race pack yet, and have emailed them about it. Only thing is that there's also no race info or wave timings on the website either (as it said there would be), so I'm just wondering if they haven't sorted it all out yet. Cutting things a bit fine methinks.

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Ron, I'd say it would be up by wed/thurs. I just realised that humanrace gave me the shirt from this race for another race I did last year. Means Im doing the steelman OD instead.
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    haven't got my race info either but there is this on the website - it's pretty hidden (in the enter race section)

https://regonline.activeeurope.com/cust ... 0Notes.pdf
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Nice one chaps. Sounds like HumanRace just haven't got it together quite yet then, but the pdf is a good start.
    Timings Sprint Race

09:00 Dorney lake opens. (Do not arrive before this time)
    09:00 Race registration opens (for all races)
    09:00 Transition opens.
    An email just turned up with timing info...

09:00 Dorney lake opens. (Do not arrive before this time)
    09:00 Race registration opens (for all races)
    10:30 Wave 1 race starts.
    11:00 Wave 2 race starts
    11:30 Wave 3 race starts
    12;00 Wave 4 race starts

Note you must be at the 'Swim Entry' Point 10 mins before your start time to receive your race briefing.

Age groups: Male and female together.

Wave 1 Age group 50+
    Wave 2 Age group 40-49
    Wave 3 Age group 39-30
    Wave 4 Age group 29-18
    NOTE : Your age is at 31 Dec 2009 NOT your age on race day.
    There go my dreams of winning my age group and receiving a lifetime supply of milkshake
  • tomtris1tomtris1 Posts: 3
    Excellent, received my email yesterday also.

Im in Wave 4 starting at 12:00. Am I ok getting there for about 10am? Or do I have to get there for 9am?
    Think I'm going to be there at around 9 and suss it all out. Conehead - good to hear you're making it down, but not so good that you and the bomber going to make me look bad. Er - if that's possible...See you Sunday.

Everyone got their forum tee-shirts?
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    I will be there - starting at 11.00am (yes, I know I'm old). I've not got my a**e in gear yet to get Gary to make me a T-shirt - but I am small, blonde and will be with a very skinny husband and a Celeste Bianchi with tri bars. I'll be the one looking ready to die on the run.

Does anyone know if we get a chance to warm-up in the lake before the race?

blurredgirl
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Think I shall try and tootle down to cheer you all on and put Avatars to faces as there are quite a few of you doing it...although Blenheim is on TV at 8h30am & don't know how to record anything on my TV, so might be a bit later!!

(have already posted this and it didn't appear so if it does appear again I'm not going loopy!!)
    BG - not sure if we get a warm up, but doubt it as there's a race briefing 10mins before, then straight in there. Unless it takes them a while to start the race after you get in the water, but you wouldn't want to be faffing around facing the wrong direction when the horn goes. Will keep my eye out for you.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I'm thinking about giving this one a bash as I'm going to be nearish to windsor on saturday anyway so might just stay there. How quickly can gary get the forum tees done?
    Do it!

Can't speak for Gary obviously, but he seems to be knocking them out pretty quickly for most people. PM him.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    I'm in wave 2 - was hoping for an age split so wouldn't be in same wave as other half - if there's a drowning it will be me thumping him as he's worked out that he has to nobble me in the swim to stand a chance of it being 2 out of 2 - plot is if I beat him then we get to do the 220 forum one in Sept as a decider so imperative that I beat him :roll:
  • u_j_2001u_j_2001 Posts: 47
    Would anyone happen to know if there will be children facilities there? I.e. bouncy castle etc...
    Thinking of bringing the family...

A month or so ago there was a big weekend tri there and I did see a bouncy castle and quite a few tots really enjoying themselves.