Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon Specific Bike Insurance

JulesJules Posts: 987
Currently I have "the Beast" ( ) on the home insurance. However, this doesn't cover me when racing.

As I understand it my BTA day licence will give me public liability cover if I injure or damage someone else, but I am not covered anywhere for damage to the bike if I crash when racing, or if it gets stolen from transition.

Can anyone recommend a decent tri-specific policy? Ideally one which does notrequire me to lock the bike to the rack in transition.

If I join the BTA is the Butterworths TriCycle policy any good? The info suggests that it covers racing but then the policy wording small print excludes it, unless you take out extra cover, which I can't find details of. My reading of it is also that the bike would need to be locked in transition - not great for the BTA approved policy.

Cycleguard looks good, but a bit pricey.

Any others I could look at?



  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Another point I forgot.

    If I join the BTA, I automatically get public liability cover when racing and training don't I? Therefore I don't need that on my bike policy (which makes eg the cycleguard policy cheaper).
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    mine is with cycleguard triathlon specific policy as it covered me for racing - and i didn't find it much more expensive - about £10 or so, over the other firms i got a quote from. not sur e if that helps at all
Sign In or Register to comment.