Home Chat General Chat

First half ironman

I have never taken part in a half ironman before and am looking at entering my first one next year, to be honest as a starting point I only want to get a 'string to my bow' by completing a half ironman. I don't really care if it's the easiest half ironman on the planet! I am looking to build to the full ironman and enter one over the new few years! So with all that said what would you say is a nice 'easy' half ironman to get me started and I would like to keep it not to far from home, maybe in the UK or euro!?

Comments

• Wimbleball!! Ok maybe not, be every half IM will be easy after that!!
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Why sell yourself short, because of you do an easy one you'll always have the voice telling you so. If you're going to put the efford and deciation into the necessary training, go for it big time, and do one you'll enjoy, none of them are going to be 'easy'.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    We'll be running a Long Distance Rookie Day in April next year - prob ideal for you to go on as the guys will tell you.

Toatally concur. Excellent day.

If proof were needed, of the two of us last w/e on the LD day last week that hadn't yet decided/booked a 70.3, both of us are looking to do one ASAP now!!!

didds