Home Chat General Chat

Anyone fancy swapping my London Triathlon Sprint distance?

2»

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    so you and me at the back then at London for the swim then you can sail past me on your carbon - well done and remember that doesn't matter how you finish or how long it takes just finish - and I'll endeavour to take my own advice
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    How are you feeling now about the tri now then, if it makes you feel any better I'm crapping myself about doing the Ironman this weekend.
  • I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Thanks to you lot.

Cant quite believe it but I managed the swim in 17mins with my overall time coming in at 1.31 which for a my 1st Sprint tri and being the grand old age of 37 and only quiting smoking last year is pretty good - I think (!).

I'm already signed up to another local sprint tri (Hever castle) and then it's on with the end of season/winter training schedule to see if I can get fit enough to tackle an Olympic distance event for 2010.

I'm totally buzzing (if a little sore) and I can't thank you guys on here enough for telling me to just get on with it and stop being such a chicken. I'll "pass it on" next time I hear a moan or 2 from someone as nervous as I was prior to their 1st ever open water swim.

Cheers again,

Steve
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Bloody well done mate and a great time! Really chuffed for you.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Ha, its funny reading your first post after the race report you gave. Your'e a different person! Well done.
  • I am officially hooked....bring on the next one!

oh....and I love swimming now...I could crack a walnut in between my MOOBS now.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Excellent stuff.... It's a great feeling hey!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Stevecantswim wrote:
    I am officially hooked....bring on the next one!

oh....and I love swimming now...I could crack a walnut in between my MOOBS now.

Print out this post. And the first one. Pin them up on your wall. Look at them whenever you feel down.

Well done by the way.
  • Yeah my 1st to last posts do make me sound a bit of schitzo!

Just added some new kit to my growing list..... a nice Sailfish One wetsuit, normally £399. I grabbed it after the london tri at the expo, an ex demo one for £180, result. I can't believe a size small fitted me like a glove, all the lard seems to have fallen off me from all my training. Still got a way to go before I can see a six pack though!