Home Chat General Chat

Over cooked it or just need a rest?

BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
Hello All!

I was wondering what the thoughts are on this!

I played a really hard game of 5-a-side football on wednesday and then ran a 10K at about 3/4 pace. Now it was a lovely day and I was running past all the people queueing for glastonbury festival so was a quite interesting run. no problems during except was a touch nakered at the end.

Woke up yesturday (thursday) and the knee feltloss. like it bent the wrong to much.
Today it feels tight and and is sore if I stand up right to attention style.

What do you think> rest it over the weekend or train through!

I am thinking rest it and see. I think I ovwe cooked it!!! :roll:

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    I would suggest seeing how it feels and then deciding - if nothing else you can swim right? Just out of interest do you have 'hyperflexive' (i think that's the term) joints? I do and get knee pain if i stride out and heel strike my knee sometimes 'overstraightens' bending slightly back the wrong way and bang, a few days of limiping about like a penguin follows.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Dont think I have bendy need thingyamiejig! Hyperflex joint!

I am a good fore foot striker and a mid foot when tired.

Thanks for the idea dude it was a good shout.
    I am going to give it till tomorrow evening and maybe decide on a sunday ride but the weather and the Glastonbury mob might get in the way, Oh well at least i can chil out tomorrow evening and listen to springstrin live in the baxk garden.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I'd be inclined to rest it up Baz. Treat it as a couple of days recovery.. A few days rest out of your training won't lose you much at all in the way of fitness, but exacerbating (is that spelt right) a painful knee into a full blown injury could screw you over for a good few weeks!

Definitely chill out in the back garden, get the bbq out and have beer.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    gotta agree with flavadave, rest up and enjoy the weekend, free music and have a beer or wo safe in the knoweldge it won't ruin your training - that's guit free beer!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Rest it.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Thanks guysm

i am amazes, 3 days of no training and it feels like new.

i spent the weekend in the garden with those magic beers!

Chheers again for the ideas! I nearly went swimming conehead but the sun kept me in the garden! God bless the nice weather.