Home Chat Race Chat

Hathersage Hilly Tri - anybody in?

nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
Like the title says - anybody entered this or done it in the past?

Looks like quite a lot of cliimbing out of Froggatt! Thinking about entering and wondering about an ordinary road bike in preference to the TT set-up. Thoughts, anyone?

Comments

• I have entered this event. I ride a roadbike with tri-bars and I am contemplating taking a fast mountainbike. I have not completed this nor have I heard any user information regarding it. I may put both in the car and go with the flow.

JH
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I'm travelling back up to Yarkshire from Warwickshire tomorrow, might have a drive round the course and report back...
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Did it a couple of years back.Climbs not as fierce as they seem,the run is a great laugh,particularly in crap weather,rocks, slippy,if they are using the same fell course.Studded trainers would be an advantage if wet.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    www.mapmyride.com suggests the incline is about 5-6% at its steepest.
    I drove the Froggatt to Hathersage stretch on Friday. The rise out of Froggatt to the top of the moor is what I would describe as "pretty steep" (wooh, scientific!) for about a third of a mile, and steady rise for another two-ish.
    Great views from the top, if you have a moment to take them in. Then what looks like an "exciting" descent into Hathersage.
    If I do it, I'll be on the TT bike and making sure I get in the right gear for the steepest part.