Home Chat General Chat

What's Chrissie Wellington go to do...

2»

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Which kinda makes my point...to your chap it IS the same as the world series as it does not involve running around kicking a ball (Is is true that the world series is so named because of its original sponsor was a news paper..The World or something?), or chucking a ball at someone who is supposed to hit it back over 5 days, or wacking a ball across a net at another person etc etc, so most of our world champions are ignored & neglected because of this. Last year the media became instant experts on track cycling...bit quiet now innit? Few years ago winter olympics instant curling experts..I could go on.
    We are swimming against the tide all we acn do is be the best ambassadors for our sport & try to raise its profile, lobbying the Beeb may work, may not, but it is along time to next Dec when the shortlist comes out.
    Jenson Button could win, Andy Murray who knows as all the polls suffer from short term memory syndrome, as in Murray (maybe) wins in July, Button in October....
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Britspin wrote:

Jenson Button could win
    He's OK as an age grouper - but I don't see him winning. And he doesn't really enter that many competitions. I don't see why people go on about him so much.
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Ha Murry's lost - She's in with a chance !!

Now where's that voting slip.......
  • levisonjlevisonj Posts: 2
    So far this year, Chrissie has...

1) Won IM Australia (great performance)
    2) Finished 6th in the Columbia Triathlon (by her standards, a shocker)
    3) Won Kansas 70.3 (granted, despite a puncture, but hardly a stellar field).

I think you need the results of Roth and Kona before starting the 'Wellington 09' bandwagon!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    And Alistair Brownlee looks to be breaking through...