Home Chat General Chat

Sports physio in South London

BmanBman Posts: 442
Hi, well while having a post-race massage after the Steelman today, the physio said what I have suspected for a bit, that I probably have sciatica and need to have it looked at. Ive got the London tri in a month and would like to sort it before then, as its affecting cycling and running (an impinged shoulder also means my swimming slow, so Im doing well overall) and my training is going nowhere.

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good sports physio in south (west) London, to help me out with the problem.

Thanks
B

Comments

• JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I can recommend Joe Kitson at croydon/surrey physio at addington palace health club. Bit out of london, but it's pretty easy to get to.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Cheers Jellybaby, I think that might be a bit far for me (based in Richmond), but I'll bear it in mind.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Parkside hospital in Wimbledon did an amazing job on my back when I'd ruptured a disk two years ago. Not cheap, but they would let me come in whenever fit with my schedule.

Website: http://www.parkside-hospital.co.uk/Content/File/Physiotherapy.asp

They were really excellent and gave me good stretches and exercises to do that have prevented it from getting bad again since. A bad disk is the type of thing you're stuck with for a long time so its more about managing than curing, but the people at Parkside were first class.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Cheers Danny. Ive found one in at Kinesis in twickenham who works with triathletes already and also competes so I'm hoping she has tri-specific knowledge to help cure the pain in my ass. Thurs afternoon...im expecting to meet her friend Pain!!
  • ScibbyScibby Posts: 55
    I'd recommend Physio for Life in Putney.. They have Chrissie Wellington on their testimonials page! Me and my bf have both used them thought they were very good.

http://www.physio4life.co.uk/about_the_ ... timonials/