Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit fit?

[toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
So I went to Total Fitness Bath today to try on a few wetsuits and none of them fit.

They didn't have a massive range of sizes and there is nowhere else local to try.

Looking at some brands sizing charts (orca, 2xu) I can see which suits should fit but really want to try them on first.

Has anyone else just bought online and found it to fit perfect?

Any suggestions of anywhere near Bristol to try? Thinking I may have to head to Yeovil to TriUK, but they onlu have Foor and QR suits on there site, would have liked to have tried a few others. And they charge £30 for wetsuit fit!

Where else is there?

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I bought an Orca S2 online, as mentioned in a thread last week I'm slap bang in the middle of the chart for a size 8 on all measurements. Turned up at the rookie day and Conehead wasn't impressed with the fit of the suit. It's a struggle to get in the suit, but not uncomfortable when it's done up, and I had no problems over a 2.2 km swim. Maybe conehead can add some more insight to the dangers of buying off a size chart.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Have a look at where the Aqua Sphere big swims are - if you can get to them we can get you sized up, but if you want to make use of the whopping discount you get through me you won't be able to buy one there and then.
    Looks like I just missed the one a South Cerney yesterday, shame.

I need one in time for London on 19th Aug, and obviously need a practice in it first.
    Not going to be anywhere near Bristol with a full range for me to try on at all are you?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Wetsuit fits are very problamatic as previous posts to the old forum showed only too well.

I am a 38 chest, 5' 7", and weigh 10st 7lbs with a med to long torso - hey size 7 is ideal - wrong!

According to the Orca sizing chart I am at least 5' 11" tall, weigh 13st and have a large/tall torso - size 8 fits me great, not too tight yet snug enough just to get a layer of water for insulation.
  • well, here we go!!

According to Orca size chart (when I bought my wetsuit), I was a size 7 chest (40cm), Size 8 height (6'2") and a size 9 weight (91kg). I took the advice of the recommendation and bought for my chest size (7) as I knew that the majority of my weight is in my legs. My wetsuit fits, at least I think it does, it doesn't let that much water in and i seem to swim pretty well in it.

I would probably suggest getting it properly fitted though as I think I am just lucky.