Home Chat General Chat

seeking a swim on Sunday morning...

diddsdidds Posts: 655
I'm visiting a chum in farnham, just off the M3, on Sunday morning, driving over from Devizes (central wilts).

I can go either A4-M4 - (Jn. 10) Bracknell - M3 - Farnham, or A342-A303-M3-farnham.

I was considering lake 32 as per normal, thence onwards along the M4 but wondered if anyone could suggest any other lake swimming options en (either) route that permit a "turn up and swim" option (ie no membership required)... especially if the 220/BCTTT massif was in attendance. I do know of Blue 70 lake at Jun. 12 but dunno what the "turn up and swim" options are there. Dorney would be too far along the M4 again (Jn 5 innit?) ...

didds

Comments

• I live off Jct 4 M3 and know they do OW at the Mytchett Quays as well, quite close to Farnham. Haven't been there yet but have been to Blue Seventy and it was really nice.
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    The quays is v good, I'm going to hate myself for saying this but it's always quite. The most I've ever seen there are 20-30 swimmers, most of the time it's more like 15ish. It's turn up and swim for a fiver and you can hire suits if you need (best to call in advance to make sure they bring your size or reserve)

I'm going down on sat at 6am if that's any good? Sunday is 7-10am
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Come up to Box End for 9.30am and crack off a 3.8km swim with me, Craig and Ewan.
    that is really, really tempting! Unfortunately bedford is in completely the wrong direction! (I take it it is http://www.boxendpark.com/Triathlete.html ?)

Irony os the mate i am visiting in farnham is originally from bedford!

chappers - would do but it is deffo sunday for me this weekend.

The Quays sounds a definite possibility, thanks for the tip.

didds
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    Blueseventy is great they really sorted out my OW swimming. I can't say in words how great they are, friendly nice lake and good loop.

You might of guessed by now I like the blueseventy lake.