Home Chat General Chat

BIKE BOX

Travelling to OZ in September and bring TT bike. Any suggestions on what box I should buy and where to get it. Want to make sure the bike gets there and back in one piece. Looking for a light a box as possible to avoid paying baggage excess. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    I've got a Scicon Aerotech which is bombproof!! Used it a few times now and still the baggage monkeys havnt damaged its contents!! Also check out Bikeboxalan he makes his version of the aerotech. It all depends on how much your willing to spend they go from about £120-£400.
  • 58fern58fern Posts: 9
    Thanks. the Scicon may be a bit out of my price range at circa £550 but also looking to keep the weight down.
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    I'm taking my TT bike back to Oz in August & have just ordered the B&W bike box. I've seen some decent reviews for it but bought it mainly as it wasn't too heavy or expensive (9.5kg & £200) and fits roughly within the Qantas bike box size restrictions. When I get it I'll let you know how I get on.
  • 58fern58fern Posts: 9
    Thanks for the feedback.

Looking now at the B & W in order to keep down on weight in order to avoid those outlandish excess baggage costs.