Home Chat General Chat

Best women's tri suit

I want to buy a tri suit for the London tri - yes, I know it's at the last minute - so I'm hoping to find something online as I don't have time to go to any stores. I'm really tall, so am looking for a suite with a longer leg length to maintain some dignity

I've been looking at suits from Jaggard, 2XU & Pearl Izumi, but am open to others. Any reccomendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• don't actually own a trisuit yet myself but have been looking and www.trigirl.co.uk specialize in womens only stuff as do www.NoBalls.co.uk.good luck!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    shorts and top so you have more room for manouvre I'd suggest I like 2XU
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I sold my Orca, cos the leg grippers were too tight. Bought a Pearl Izumi and I just love it. Got it from Wiggle.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    I also don't wear my orca suit as the gripper were too tight...i'm reasonably tall (5ft 10) and have purchased a 2xu tri suit...didn't get it from wiggle (which is where all my money always goes) but from another site (can't remember name) - will find it out at home if you need it and got last season's so it was a bit cheaper....

delivery was fast...one thing, I bought a size up as Ifound the correct size was difficult to get around my shoulders...I'm quite broad.

I'm happy with the suit...just wish I had the body to wear it
  • CalimaCalima Posts: 35
    Just one piece of advice~ dont buy a wetsuit on the internet you need to try it on. Take yourself down to the London Tri Expo where you should find plenty of choice and you can rent them out without paying out for the full cost & you get good advice.

Look on the London Tri website you will be able to see who will be there selling or renting wetsuits.

Dont even bother about your long legs & what you may look like you obvisouly hav'nt seen too many people in wetsuits!!!!!!!!!!!!! & who cares

Have a good race & enjoy the day

• You girls have any advice on a trisuit for a shortie (and a bit overweightie ) like me? I'm 5'3" and the cycle shorts I got were a 14 and fit well, but for the leg length. The leg grippers are only just above my knee! It's fine when I'm on the bike tho. Hubby thinks a two piece would be better, but I'm concerned about the tummy overhang
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    my top goes to just above hip level and shorts to past waist (2XU) and the two don't appear to crawl in opposite directions during competition an I do have a tummy
  • Thanks Moonshine, I guess trying the darn things on in the shop would be best. Bound to be a depressing shopping trip that. Seeing my self in skintight stuff is not top of my list of fun things to do. Oh well :roll:
  • ellcresellcres Posts: 5
    Thanks for all the tips. I went for a 2XU suit in the end. It'll arrive in the next few days so I'm hoping the fit is OK for London!