Home Chat General Chat

Planet X SL Pro Carbon

[toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
I've decided that I'd like to upgrade the frame and forks on my current Specialized Allez Elite to the Planet X SL Pro Carbon.

My main question is how easy will it be to transfer the existing components over to the new frame?
I've built all my own mountain bikes so have some bike experience but will it be compatible?

Also, any opinions on the Planet X?

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    not done it myself but the only bits i think i would be concerned about getting right would be the bottom braket and the sti assemblies on the handlebars. i know that for an external bb you need some particular tools and i suspect the gear levers are more straightforward than i think.

if you have built bikes before then i suspect you'll probably be fine!

as for the planet-x, i really like them but i don't know what the geometry is like compared to the elite in terms of the difference you will get. most importantly what colour frame? i think scotty will be in the pink corner...
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I already ahve all the external b/b tools as it's the same as on my mtb.

Really want to try one out so I can check the geo, but I've read they've been used lots in triathlon so it should be a good deal better than the Allez.
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    I did myown bike build over the winter, as a complete noob. If you've done mountain bikes, you'll be fine. It's basically the same skills.

In terms of components, most should transfer over - I think what ris meant was the BB might not be compatable?