Home Chat General Chat

Quote or excuse of the Season so far

joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
So, we're over half way through the summer season...we will all have met new people, chatted, deliberated and generally had fun so far...but along the way I've heard some great quotes and fab excuses and I'm sure you will have heard many more.....here are some of the one's that have made me giggle...!

Blenheim: "Really, the hill isn't that bad"....
Dorney: "you can achieve some great times here - it's flat" yeh, but they never mention the sodding wind!
Big Cow Dualathlon: "Joolz, you could qualify next year" (ha ha ha the best yet)...
"Are you ok"?....

Of course my favourite excuse is equipment: my bike just doesn't understand going faster...my wetsuit thinks there should be more water inside than outside, and my running shoes are too heavy...oh and of course, I shouldn't have had that extra red wine last night.....

Would love to hear what you've been heard along the way this year......

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ahhhh Joolz, I'm right there with you! I havent broken any records this year either BUT have had loads of fun, managed to do an oly(in a very modest time)met some great people and learned soooo mush on here that i'll always take with me.

I dont think i'll ever be any faster, simply because i enjoy doing things how i'm doing them already. my fitness stays ticking along and i feel no need to push myself til my eyes bleed to lose a few minutes here and there. but thats just me. What I really love is joining in!
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    At the Llanelli half marathon the organiser said it's a good place to get a personal best. The condition were terrible, the was hail, snow, rain, and it was blowing a gale.

So my quote is from a website "a great place for a personal best" I say only if you've never done one before.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    The best quote I heard was at my first Tri in Wellington when this guy said the bikes gonna be bitch, lets ride these bikes like we just nicked them!!

And the end some said that was wet race all it started wet and due to the rain I havent f&^king dryed off at all I only seem to get wetter.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Not a quote, but some TdF style graffiti scrawled in the middle of the A46 dual carriageway about 3/4 of the way in to the bike leg of the Stratford Sprint in May.

"HTFU"

Said it all really.