Home Chat General Chat

Strathclyde Race report

Tessar has posted a thread under events which really summed the weather up..... crap. Rain all day until the bloody tri finished.

I had a blinding swim, out the water on 29mins and then it all went pete tong. This thread is more a lament to num 307 who cut me up in front of the marshall and caused me to hit a pot hole and get a snake bite punc. Cost me mega time. Seemed to be loads of folks getting puncs but mostly those with clinchers and me ( I don't have clinchers!!!!)

On a part of the bike course, I can honestly say I have never cycled in wind like that ever. Then my old age probs of loose tri bars came back to haunt me..... needless to say I was glad when the bike leg was over.

The run went surprisingly well, caught a few folks who passed me but the damage was done on the bike leg. Crawlled home in 3hrs....

Yes its a terrible time but the most important thing for me was to say:

"I done it"

Fell shattered and I have no compression gear to help me recover......

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Dude that sounds like a bitch of a day. Did you give the guy who cut you off some verbal? I would have bawlled him out big time. I dont expect he even noticed.

At the end of the day at least you can hold your head high and say you finished rather a DNF.

Well done for keeping in there dude! Thers always a better race to come!!!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    tbh no I didn't give him verbal cause all I noticed was the noise the rim was making on surface.

so much for giving the old steed a send off. I nearly killed her.

I'm glad I hung in cause if there is one thing I'm not is a quitter. there is no disgrace in it, none whatsoever but I personally would rather crawl on my hands and knees for the run that do a DNF.

Next standard in 2 weeks, chase race. Least I know what to expect
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    what are the odds that all that can happen again? (in a week go and find no 305 and kick thier tyres )

one of the problems with poor weather is that puddles mask poor road surface, but there is no excuse for cutting someone up, the race is against yourself not the other entrants after all. impressive to have the self restraint to to verbal him at the time or after.

great report s11 and you made it to the end with all the adversity - karma says that next time it will be smooth and trouble free!
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    I'm not going to re-say everything I said in my own race report - but just to say I couldn't have even started the race if it wasn't for the shadow man, so thanks again bro!

And also to Mr Nighttrain who helped me out with a waterbottle, otherwise I might not have finished!!

BTW, in case you're thinking I'm a totally disorganised doofus, I'm actually really anal about things, and have lists and lists - This was just one of the acts of god/ evil alignment of planets/ gypsey curse type things...
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Tessar no way could I have not helped. You'd been prepping for ages and to be in the mind foock position you were in with wet-suit says it all dude. You blitzed the bike and that is testimont to you!
  • Results are up : 3hrs 5 mins

I thought i came in like 3:15 or something. Kit disasters for us all that day, i had to take my rear brakes off cause they kept closing shut!

Great feeling though to see it through on such a god forsaken day.

My ringpiece is totally destroyed.... i guess running in swimming shorts isnt that great an idea.