Home Chat General Chat

What ID do you carry training?

Just wondering what ID poeple carry while they are training.

I often go for a run / cycle with only a front door key. No phone, money, ID etc, and was conscious that if anything did happen, I would be another John Doe. So purchased an ID band from http://www.roadid.com for a bit of piece of mind. Still need to decide about phone etc.

Comments

• SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    I very often do the same, just a key. I hate carrying anything else. But my GF has asked me to carry some ID just in case. Makes sense really.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I can fit a key and my (small) phone in my saddlebag or running shorts pocket.

A wristband would be a good idea though.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Apart from roadid are there any others?

I know you can get a CramAlert this has no personal ID on but you have to pay an annual fee.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i try to carry my mobi, but who is going to work out who is important on there. i've heard plenty of stuff about having an ice number set on the phone but don't know how much attention is paid to these by general public or paramedics etc, maybe ben can offer some advice.

maybe i should get a wristband, do they do them in carbon?
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    There's also a digital dog tag, http://www.utagice.com/acatalog/utag.html, but they aren't waterproof so not good for Swimming / Tri
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Key depends on whether herself is in or not. Mobile phone pretty much every time.
    I work as frontline ambulance crew. Normally if a patient was unable to give us his information then the police would be involved and it would be down to them to contact relatives etc. If it was down to us we would look either for obvious relationship based numbers ie mum or dad or for an ICE number. I believe the police are the same.

For those that don't know ICE = In Case of Emergency. You store a number in your phone as ICE and in an emergency that will be the number that is contacted.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I've got an aluminium pet tag, laser engraved with my name and address on one side, ICE contact on the other. Cost £4.99 over the internet.