Home Chat General Chat

With Treefrog gone, who is now the extreme right wing of tri

2»

Comments

• MowfMowf Posts: 272
    In that case - why not have them? If there is demand for them, then obviously there are enough women who just want to race with women. Where, presumably, the atmosphere is a little more 'Race for Life'. This is no different to Conehead's idea of a rookie wave. Anything that gets people participating is surely a good thing.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    "There aren't men only races for male newcomers."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/runformoore/

didds
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    didds wrote:
    "There aren't men only races for male newcomers."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/runformoore/

didds
    That's just as stupid.

A rookie wave is not the same as a women only race. It's open to any rookie regardless of age, gender, race etc.
  • thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    If breast beating pervy alpha males are what is putting everyone off, maybe we could have women and scrawny gay men races!!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    That Bobby more thing is bloody silly - it's not a mans race. I don't know any men that would do a 5k for charity, if any of my male friends asked for sponsorship for a 5k i would laugh my ar*e off at their sheer audacity of it. I mean, i you want sponsorship then youbetter bloody earn it! 5k, ha!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    thebouy wrote:
    If breast beating pervy alpha males are what is putting everyone off, maybe we could have women and scrawny gay men races!!
    would the scrany gay blokes not prefer to be in a race with the 'breast beating pervy alpha males'?
  • thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    LOL! I assume you're right, I was trying to be too PC! Alternatively we could all just enter the races that suit us. I can't speak from masses of experience as I've only done one sprint tri (knee surgery has temporaily put me out of action), but whilst there were some very fast muscular blokes, there wasn't any intimidation. We're all big boys and girls; if there is any intimidation/perviness then I'm sure it would be no more or less than faced with in everyday life and we would deal with it as we always do (fight or flight anyone?).
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Every sex should be able to compete, against who the heck they want to, so long as they have paid, have a fast bike, can run until their legs fall off..& then run some more, so segregate away but don't be surprised when I come screaming past on my super carbon monster elite & grind your face into the dust.

''When I click my fingers you will become Britspin again.''

Click.

Wha...what jsut happened?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I think women only triathlons are an excellent idea, there should be more - perhaps that way there will be fewer young slips of girls passing me in future events
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Women only tri's?

Bad idea - who'll make the tea?
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    I don't think you fully undertsand, the Women Only Tri's are run during the morning when the men are in work, that way they've got the afternoons to do there other household duties, and it leaves them free on evenings and weekends to look after us.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    Woman's only tri's...not for me... i for one, am too competitive (against myself and others) and relish in chasing someone (male or female) on the swim, bike or run (tho i'm normally overtaken!).. i also like watching men in their lycra outfits...makes it even more enjoyable...
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    You are ALL weak and worthless. If you haven't spent at least £5000 on a bike then you are completely wasting your time and should either shut up and go home or mug your bank manager, spend some cash and stop bloody whinging.

Women only races? PAH! What's the point of women? Unless they cost a complete fortune of course, then I'll buy two and you lot can stuff it.

...there. How was that? Do I pass the 'tree-bomb' test?

Bopo.

PS. Joking, natch... I miss the argumentative old bugger. I'll e-mail him and see what gives.