Home Chat General Chat

Saddle for Ironman

I'm building towards completing an ironman in 2011 and will be doing a half distance race later this summer. What make and model of saddle would you all recommend for ironman distance training and racing? I've got a Selle San Marco SKN on my bike at the minute, but on rides any longer than 1.5 - 2 hours I get terrible discomfort. Cheers!

Comments

• revershedrevershed Posts: 49
    I used to get terrible perineum pain (could barely stand after a long ride), bought an Adamo road saddle (www.ismseat.com) and it's bliss. Takes a few rides for your sit bones to get used to it but it certainly does the job. There is a UK supplier www.trybike.co.uk, if you give them a call they'll be able to advise you - when I bought mine they let me trial one for a week to see how I got on. Couldn't recommend it highly enough, very popular on the longer distance pro-scene, Lance also uses one.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Well I've just been to my LBS and had my bottom measured......no jokes!

and I had a seat that is too narrow. apparently I need 146 CM, so that's what i'll try.... maybe my bottom pain will go - this is after a good bike fit aswell.

Good luck
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    ok, i was suffering from a terrible pain in the Arrse during long rides, i messed about with saddles, expensive shorts etc with limited success, what i found made the biggest difference was fitting a shorter stem so that i could take more weight on arms / shoulders than saddle alone - that coupled with decent saddle and shorts did make a difference on 4hr plus rides...key point really i suppose is that it might not just be your saddle to blame.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    You may want to look here
    http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/saddle06.shtml
    It features some the saddles raised in this and other similar posts.