Home Chat General Chat

Tyre Choice

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good clincher tyre choice? I use Armadillo's for training and commuting etc but have some of the bontrager race lites for races. The only problem is that they area quite prone to punctures. Is there a race tyre with a good balance of puncture resistance and performance that anyone can point me in the direction of? I've got the dragon ride on Sunday so expecting some issues with punctures given the likely state of the roads. Should I continue to use the Armadillo's in the race?

Thanks

Comments

• TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    spooky, just posted this in the recommended products thread.

I use Grand Prix 4000s for racing, v.good racing tyre, low rolling resistance, good cornering, I'm pretty sure they have some puncture resistance, but can't remember (I haven't had a flat racing yet...)
  • Awesome. Thanks.

Any other advice/recommendations are welcome?

Cheers
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Hi, I use the Conti Force/Attack combo for racing and havent had a single issue in a dozen races with them. Supposed to be a good all-rounder and seem very fast/good in wet too.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Err.. I've just bought some Michelin Pro 3 race. Waddyafink of em?
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    Sorry to be the poor triathlete, can anyone recommend a cheaper option? £30 a tyre is a bit much for me.
  • Im SpartacusIm Spartacus Posts: 204
    I use Pro race 3 and love 'em, I find them fast and haven't had any puncture issues to date.

My only concern is that I wouldn't be too confident using them in the wet.
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    I use Vittoria Open Corse Evo CX 23-622 Corespun 320 tpi tyres, brilliant tyres, the perfect mix of race tyre and puncture resistance...