Home Chat General Chat

Suunto Heart Rate Monitors????

wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
Has anyone got (or had) a Suunto HRM.

I'm tempted as I don't really need all the info a Garmin gives me and the Suunto's HRM's look more aesthetically pleasing to me than any others.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, simply a nice big Heart Rate display in the middle of the watch (mainly for heart rate based training).

Mileage/ Time etc will as always be monitored by my bike computer and swimming/ running trianing is mainly done by HR and time, as such mileage isn't too important to me.

Any help/ advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    these links may be of use... I've commneted in them too, but others may have information you also find useful.

I'd add now that their customer service seems to have returned to its previous excellent standard.

The one down side of the T3C is that the confort belt kugs seem to regularly break meaning the belt won;t clip up. Suunto had, and are now again, back on the case cut svc wise, and have just sent me FoC and no flap, no quibble, a replacement belt and also anew HR monitor bit that the belt clips to.

didds

--

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48160&hilit=

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtop ... 53a202793b
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    I've had a Suunto T3C for just over a year now and am relatively happy with it. The GPS did pack up but was replaced free, albeit with a lengthy wait.

Seeing that you want to monitor your swim hr, I've never successfully managed it but that may be down to my incompetance. Has anyone overcome this? I did see a memory belt on the web at £95-is it any good?
  • Hi,
    I have also had the Suunto T3C since Christmas (with the optional bike pod) and, apart from the instructions being a bit lacking in detail now and again, it has been excellent for me. I too have had very good service from the Suunto customer service answer desk when I have emailed them. One thing I did do before I started using the unit was to order and install a screen cover as a lot of reviews said it scratches quite easily - although this is also apparently true of a lot of these products. FWIW I used www.Zagg.com for mine and there are no scratches up to now...
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I use the T1 (I think, the cheapest one anyway...), its fine but 4 months after purchase I want more gadgets (pacing in particular) so think towards the future when purchasing!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    following on from huwd... I plumped for the T3C as the T1C didn't provide the pacing whistles and bells huw mentions... The T4C didn't seem to actually add any more than what the T3C already did and i couldn't elicit any meaningful answers as to their differences (as the T3C also works with the PC pod if desired). And i couldn't afford the T6C ! ;-)

didds