Home Chat General Chat

colbert wheels

kurtkurt Posts: 18
I'm looking to upgrade my wheel set. Had my heart set on a pair of Mavic Cosmice SL's (£764 Evans) but came across colbert cycles. So...
Has anyone used their wheels? They look the part and I'm sure the price is very resonable.
I've been advised to go for a 50 front and 85 rear not by colbert but friends in the know - apprently the tech guys at Zipp recommend this set-up.
Cheers!

Comments

• hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Excellent pieces of kit...

Stephan, the guy who runs the business, is a top guy who doesnt sell crap......Shadow on here bought one of his P1 TT bikes from my recommendation and loves it.

If you decide to buy from him, tell him you know me (Jase) and you may get something extra.....not promising but worth a try!!

I get my bits from him and his customer service is second to none.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I did indeed buy one of his P1's....

pic is on the forum somewhere.

I do recommend his stuff. I couldn't afford the wheels at the time and will now be going back for the disc and deep section front just to complete the bike off.

Stephen is a top bloke who was really helpful. Def top stuff.
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    I could be wrong but I think jenson button uses these wheels!

Wouldn't mind being couple mins behind him!!

I've also spoke with Stephen, he's very helpfull and professional
    I intend to purchase some wheels once I figure out how
    to sneak them past the wat officer!! Any suggestions?
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    How much are his deep section rims as a matter if interest ?
    No prices on the website & haven't got round to ringing him.
    Was thinking of getting some Planet X but now I'm 50/50 with the Colbert . . . :roll:
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    The prices are on another thread:

wheels-for-500-t48688-10.html

I'm getting a set of these but need to sweet talk the missus...getting a disc and deep section front
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    kurt wrote:
    I'm looking to upgrade my wheel set. Had my heart set on a pair of Mavic Cosmice SL's (£764 Evans) but came across colbert cycles. So...
    In EXACTLY the same position, except I've been offered a used set of 2009 Mavics, so only £500 incl tyres and cassette.
    Colberts 58/85 (£600) + Tubs (Ribble have good prices) = £665

I'm so-o-o confused!
    Saying that the Mavics are A) Clinchers, B) Alloy rimmed, so no brake block changing, c) tougher than a full carbon wheel. However they're only 52mm, so not as sexy as an 85mm rear like the Colberts!