Home Chat General Chat

Tubular recommendations

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
Hi
Advice sought on tubs for racing - Outlaw/Ironman to be specific.

Corsa Evo CX 320 tpi - sounds interesting but seems to get panned on Roadbike Review 'punture proof my arse' is one comment.

Continetal Competition, 285 tpi - seems to get a lot of thumbs ups

Continetal GP4000 240 tpi - again seems popular

Help!

Comments

• hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Conti competition all the way!!!! No others compare in my opinion. Expensive but worth it.

Get the 19mm ones and you will fly!!!:)
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Zac,

I use continental competition tubs. They are really good and are cheaper than the GP4000 (I think). I did pick up a competition tub from Ribble cycles for £45, they are normally about £55-£60 each.

Only ever had one flat and that was a pinch flat after I hit a pothole. Other than that my tubs have generally been good.

I did think about Vredenstein tubs, they look pretty good. Not sure how they stand up against the continentals tho...
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Conti comps on the advice of Hussler... I used the podiums initially and they weren't great ( two punctures in 2 rides)

Problem free on the comps still - raced windsor at the weekend - hit a bit of gravel, rode over some crap in the road and all good.

Pricey though. Handing over more than £100 sucks for rubber.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well such esteemed recommendations!

Pretty much as I thought, all the pointers were for the competitions but just thought I woul run it past my fellow forumeers.

Thanks