Home Chat General Chat

Wheel options - Help!

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
Hi peeps

Decision time; talked over a couple of options with some chums but as always like to run things past my fellow forumeers. Going for my very first set of carbon tub wheels; current wheels Easton EA70s 26mm profile, weight 1650 grams.

Parameters:
I am not a powerful rider, I have short legs - 73cm inseam - and have a slight (very slight) balance problem. Bike Cervelo P2c. A race Outlaw
Options:
50mm rims F&R 1450 grams
38mm F, 60mm R 1460 grams
50mm F, 60mm R 1470 grams

Discussion points:
50mm rims F&R - nice safe set up, aero advantage, shouldn't get spooked by crosswind except in a real howler.
38mm F, 60mm R - low profile F less suscetible to crosswind but still enough to be aero, deeper rear helps to tidy up the 'mucky' air at the rear and negligible affect from crosswind
50mm F, 60mm R - 'what are you a tart? why fanny about with a 38? go 50 front and a 60 rear will help you really rock' - chum who does not beat about the bush

As ever input greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    We must catch up at the outlaw.

G
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Defintely - in fact will probably put out a posting to see who else is there and see if we can arrange a meet
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Think I will go for the 38/60combo.

My forthright chum later admitted 'you are a little tw*t so the 38 front would probably be best, you'd still look like a tart though'.