Home Chat General Chat

What do you wear?

Just starting out in triathlon as I've a great gym and pool at work so training is easier than for most. I'm thinking of a sprint to start and once I stop drowning at half distance I think this will be achievable.

The question is do you wear a tri suit under your wetsuit and then remove wet suit and then cycle / run in the tri suit? Also I assume you change from cycling to running shoes in the 2nd change over.

Sorry if they are daft questions but as they say the stupidest question is the one you don't ask.

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    you are spot on with your assumptions - trisuit under the wettie, remove wettie and bike/run in the trisuit. if you are doing a pool swim then you just get in the pool in the trisuit.

at t1 bung your bike shoes on/fett in if they are attached to bike.

in t2 either get your feet out of the shoes on the way to the dismount line or take them off at your racking spot before putting your runners on.

if you are starting out and don't have bike shoes then wearing trainers on the bike can work fine.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Yes, correct - don't worry about sounding daft I've been on this forum for 2 years now and it hasn't stopped me Besides better to ask the question here than come a cropper in an event and we are friendly here.

In an open water swim the tri suit is invariably worn underneath the wetsuit as a. it saves time b. it helps seal the wetsuit

Pool swin, just in the tri suit.

T1 on with the cycle shoes (or running shoes if using toe cages)
    T2 cyle shoes off, running shoes on- you can do fancy tricks like leave the shoes clipped in but wouldn't worry about that.