Home Chat General Chat

Challenge Roth 2011

okennyokenny Posts: 231
Just signed up!!! What have I done?? Christ.....

Almost all places gone, much faster than last time...

Anyone else here also doing it??

Comments

• just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Same country different race, I am doing IM Germany (Frankfurt). Have been feeling ill ever since I've signed up. On the lookout for a coach now and .... praying! :roll:
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    I feel about the same....I just know the run is gonna be hell, no matter what training I do....

after watching IM Frankfurt on TV I decided to give it a miss, it looked kinda hard! I have never seen Roth on TV, therefore it must be okay. Ignorance is bliss!
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Just go on to the website of IM ROth and have a read of the bike course, makes good bedtime reading .... Sounds like a great race but don't think it is any easier than Frankfurt. Well, if it was easy they'd call it football not ironman, as they say.
    I also don't think it's any easier!

it'll be a feckin disaster!

but I can't wait!!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well just look at it this way if a tiny lass can do OK then a fine strapping lad like yourself should have no problem .... you'll be OK ... sound man ... wish you the best of luck.
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Just entered, I feel sick
    welcome to the club.....

it's a really fantastic event. I was there as a spectator this year.

Can't wait to get lapped by Chrissie !
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Do you know much about the course?

I'm looking online and it confirms the bike course is two laps. However the run and swim look to be single laps. Do you know if thats right?
    here's something from a post on Tritalk

"Someone also asked whether the run course was laps - it is a single lap, although from Roth you go out to the canal and from there you run North to a village, do a bizarre loop that involves 2 turn around points, run back south along the canal past where you joined go into Eckersmulen up a slight incline to another turn around point then back along the canal and head into Roth for a loop around the town.

So whilst the run is a single loop there is loads of opportunity to see other people ahead/behind you on the course and so isn't too lonely. "

you'll be so wrecked at that stage you won't know where you're running anyway!