Home Chat General Chat

Book recommendations

Hey,

After 70.3 Germany on Sunday I am off on holidays for three weeks. No training, just relaxing.
As I have signed up for Challenge Roth 2011 (first IM) I would love to have something to read while on holidays. Something IM themed!
Any recommendations??

I have read "Going Long", "Be Iron Fit" and of course Conhead's book!

Thanks!

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Be iron fit by Don Fink - read it lst summer an teed me up nicely fir the Outlaw this year.
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    Thanks Gharv, already read it!
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Swim, Bike, Run, Laugh!

OR

Born to Run
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I have just got and started to read the triathlon bible. Maybe a good read but you will need extra luggage as its a weighty book.
    thanks guys!

Swim, Bike, Run, Laugh I read in Sardinia in May! Triathlon bible I have had since 2007!

just ordered:
    Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
    and
    Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner

they both sound great!

thanks for the tips....!

I hope I survive the 1500m of bike climbing at IM Germany 70.3, just in caseI don't, I will leave u guys my new books in my will.
  • Thought you were going on Holiday to not train!!!!

instead you going to read about it all holiday

Personally i would be reading

"how to drink beer and influence people".

"How to stuff my face and worry about it later "

You going with a lady or by yourself?

Just kiddin good luck in Germany, what goes up must come down
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    "Conhead" - hardly a Freudian slip?

Has anyone written a book "How How Triathlon Runined My Life Ruined My Life"?

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I actually read non-triathlon related books. Go on try it, it's actually quite rewarding
    I dunno, sounds kinda scary!

(I thought some good triathlon stuff combined with the guilt from many beers a day and many thousand not required calories would motivate me for Im trianing next year)

thanks for the tips.

Actually "How Triathlon ruined my Life" did ruin my life.....I probably wouldn't be training fot an IM had I not read it......maybe I should write a book!