Home Chat General Chat

Neutral Zone?

I'm doing the Highland Warrior Triathlon on the 12th Sep, and the pre-race info mentions a neutral zone into and out of transition. What's that then?

Comments

• largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Isnt that between Starfleet and the Romulan Empire? Keep an eye out for Klingons!

[img:2qyjmmmk]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb21710/common/skins/common/blank.gif[/img:2qyjmmmk]

[Sorry, not much use]
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    it might be an untimed area where the rules on drafting etc don't apply.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    My guess is that there will be neutral helpers with wetsuit removal and possibly neutral helpers to take your bike at the dismount point who will rack them.

But yeah - watch out for those Romulans, devious buggers, Klingons are OK upfront when they want to rip your head off.
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    Thanks for the replies, guess I'll need to wait for the pre-race briefing before I find out... on the plus side they provide a free dinner the night before I think! Not sure whether to trust it, or stick with my own nutrition... back to worries about those kilngons...
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Suggest you coat your wetsuit in TEFLON.

Everyone knows that the ideal anti-Klingon agent is TEFLON.

Possibly the neutral zone will be an untimed area,due to an unexpected hazard such as a road,or poor surface.You are timed out of the water.Enter the neutral zone(phazers set at stun) walk to transition,enter transition and your time starts again.Occassionally these crop up due to roadworks,level crossings,etc,so it makes it fairer for all.