Home Sell Triathlon Gear

KESTREL KM40 52cm ONLY DONE 400 MILES

Full carbon Kestrel KM40 triathlon bike – 52cm frame with the unique ‘no seat tube’ design makes it very compliant and lightweight (16lbs – 7.25kg full bike) and combined with the Easton EA90 Aero full carbon forks, Easton ‘Attack’ full carbon bars and Planet X Pro Carbon wheelset (650c) - VERY aerodynamic.
The remaining components have all been added with light weight in mind.

Rotor stem – 99g
Plant X Ultralight CNC brake calipers 99g each
Sram TT900 brake levers 99g (pair)
FSA Team Issue carbon compact C/set 699g
Easton Attack bars 350g
Easton EA90 forks
Dura Ace 10 speed bar end shifters

I built this bike to ride in the 2010 Lanzarote Ironman. I took it out to Lanzarote for two training weeks and for the race itself. It has never been ridden in wet conditions.
Total miles ridden – approx 400

There a three small marks (on the drive side seat stay) in the top coat finish, which have not damaged the carbon.

Note : Saddle, seat post, behind the seat bottle cage mount and pedals are not included in the sale.

Geometry : The 52cm frame measurement is from the centre of the crankset bolts to the underside of the seat clamp, however the top tube is considerably lower than the seat tube clamp. This gives a stand over height of 74cm (29”). I am 5’ 10” tall have a 32” inside leg measurement but the bike would ideally suit someone smaller with a 30” inside leg. The seat tube to head tube length (top tube) is 53cm with a 90mm stem.
I have left the fork steerer tube long and have an embarrassing number of headset spacers fitted to get the bars/arm rest pads in a comfy position for an Ironman distance race. The bars could be lowered considerably to get into a more aerodynamic tuck for shorter races.

Build cost £3500.00

Sale price £2750.00 o n o

Any questions please contact me. Additional photo's are available - again contact me.

I would prefer not to post the bike but would consider meeting the purchaser half way within reason.

Payment is cheque, cash or credit / debit card only ( I have a trading high street shop and can take card payments over the telephone). If payment is made by cheque the cheque will have to clear before the bike can be released.

Reason for selling the bike is to buy a new Kestrel 4000!!!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=398281&id=100000139761503&ref=fbx_album