Home Chat General Chat

Knickers and Pants

FiFi Posts: 31
I have bought my all in one triathlon suit which is lovely. I tried it on and it fits a treat. It comes with an inbuilt support bra which is great (no worries there) but what about the lower half? I was just wondering if people wear knickers or pants under their suits?...and if so what brands/materials do people wear (ordinary cotton knickers wouldn’t dry very quickly and I guess it would be a bit like running around with a saggy nappy!) I haven’t lost enough weight yet (or toned) to not have what I would call a ‘bottom bounce’ issue when running. Perhaps this site should carry out an underwear survey!!! What do you wear?

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Some nice mental images for you (and some guesswork):

Bodhisattva wears waxing strips under his.

Samutri sprinkles porridge oats down his.

I don't care, so long as it is red.

Please don't ask Free Willy.

[:D]

More seriously... I think the standard tri-suit underwear is nothing. Or maybe some body-glide on the bits that might chafe. Or am I the only person who races 'commando'?

Remember, there's always the washing machine afterwards.
  • djtvdjtv Posts: 28
    Definately Commando.

What is the point in Quick Dry Tri gear if you wear other clothing that does not dry underneath?

My mum was a bit suprised the first time she saw me race mind you, she told me that she now knows why the girls like me!

• paulfitzpaulfitz Posts: 67
    3 sentences sum my approach up

Orca Tri-suit (except when doing pool race as in the pic on the left)

Definitely commando

Spin the number belt round after the bike and push it down on the hips as a 'sporran'

:)
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    paulfitz wrote:

3 sentences sum my approach up

Orca Tri-suit (except when doing pool race as in the pic on the left)

Definitely commando

Spin the number belt round after the bike and push it down on the hips as a 'sporran'

:)

Good thinking on the "sporran" front and one I am going to use at Bath
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Its commando all the way, we have no shame!

My trisuit is bright red (which makes me run very fast) and so i am very exposed, especially when wet, but I dnt care, although I do employ the sporran idea like paul!
    TA DAAA!!!!

• First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Well its commando all the way in my go faster red tri suit.[:D]
  • apart from the waxing strips [:D] its commando all the way . i use the waxing strips for when i hit the wall , the hair removal pain helps me forget about the how i'm feeling[&:][:D]

P.S how did you find out bopomofo ?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Yup, gotta go with the 'running around the streets either in or without your underwear' depending on how you view it..so to speak. That actually sounded better in my head before I wrote it down. Lady Britspin also commando ( I asked to make sure).
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    trisuit, bodyglide and brave soldier! Use number belt to preserve modesty - behind during bike and in front during run.

(plagarized from another forum but hillarious i think!)

• BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    well i lke to know where my bits are.. i wear a pair of speedos... also helps keep em warm on fresher races
  • BarbsaramaBarbsarama Posts: 73
    I wear undies too - top and bottom. Just thought I'd add my 2 pence worth seeing as it seemed mostly males answering that and I do note that men tend to get naked when drinking a lot more than the ladies too...[:D]

I find that the in-built bras NEVER give me enough support and i don't want saggy boobs when i'm older, nor to I want to scare the little children. I wear knickers too. I can't remember what they're called but they're seamless (so not uncomfy on the bike) and they don't have elastic on the legs so they don't cut in to my butt to create the "double butt". [&o]

Again, these precautions are so as not to scare the little children with the fact that tri suits can sometimes be see through and also if they're not you can often make out the shape of one's nether regions or at least if they shave or wax or not......... something i'd prefer not to advertise at that precise moment in time [;)]

I recon it's what you're comfy in... I would not be comfy to go commando at all. But some people are.[8|]
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    interesting reading, it has to be commando. not much fun rubbing sudacreme on your pant chafe after a long bike ride.
  • FiFi Posts: 31
    Comando! I don't think I'm brave enough. I like Barn's idea of Speedo's perhaps I'll find some supportive dry fit bikini-bottoms! Barbsarama thank you for all the ladies tips.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I am somewhat averse to displaying my bits so wear a Falke Sports underpant (95% polymid 5% elastane) which looks very technical with support weavings etc. They dry in minutes and also means that I can change in transition both before and after - just an exhibitionist really
  • epacseepacse Posts: 92
    Commando and Worry Not about anyhting else!!

When i was doing my events, i'm SO concentrating on not collapsing, the last thing i worry about is what is bouncing, and who's is bouncing...although, maybe thats what dragged me on those last few hundred metres... [:)] [:)]
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    Mr & Mrs Transit both go commando to avoid chaffing. I thought the looks of shock on people's faces was due to my speed but maybe it's something else.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    This thread has really made me laugh with all the contributions, but what the hell did Fi expect with the title 'Knickers and Pants'? [:D] Nice one!

I'm concerned about the Speedos as underwear suggestions... definitely try that before you compete, otherwise you'll be joining learner for a sudacreme massage after the race. [:(] Maybe the ones that are like small shorts will work, but they could really bunch in the groin areas.

I too use the paulfitz number-belt-sporran technique (you took your picture away!) to preserve whatever modesty remains while I am sweating, purple-faced, crying with pain, falling over and vomiting at the top of big hills. I find my tri pants keep everything fairly well compressed and immobile, and the padding in decent tri-shorts or -suit seems to cure, or at least be a plausible explanation for, any nasty instances of camel-toe for the ladies.

Can't comment on the control of lady chesticles, of course.
  • Free WillyFree Willy Posts: 63
    Eventually could not resist opening this topic, and what do I find, an honourable mention (or not maybe) in the second posting.

As I have said in a few posts before but just to put all your minds at rest here are my 'outfits' for tris,

Short Distance --> OD

Wet suit if cold - which does not happen that often here - remember to Bodyglide

Speedos

Tri vest

Cycle shoes

Asics Running shoes - socks for OD

HIM / IM

Wet suit - remember to Bodyglide

Speedos - remove after swim, preferably in changing tent!

Cycle Shorts - the most comfortable I can find and more convenient than bib n knicks for pit stops

Cycle Top so I have decent size pockets for 'fuel'

Arm Warmers/legwarmers/wet top etc - Depending on weather

Socks

Cycle shoes

Long Skins bottoms I suffer from cramp and these help a bit

Running shorts

Tri top or vest

Socks

Asics Running shoes

Short distance wear as little as possible, long distance get comfortable and practice the transition to keep it down to a miminum, for me a few minutes (hopefully only a few) in transition getting setup comfortably is better than many hours of discomfort (there is plenty of that to go around anyway)

FW

decided my full frontal sporran shot was a bit too vain, so took it down lol
    You are too modest..you looked fine & provided a fashion tip.
    I just had to pinch this link off Lainen in Boycie's 'Am I the only one ...?'

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=6183

Proof inded to my mind why men certainly should not go 'commando'
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    Zacnici wrote:

I just had to pinch this link off Lainen in Boycie's 'Am I the only one ...?'

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=6183

Proof inded to my mind why men certainly should not go 'commando'

or not wear red tri suits anyway.

Absolutely!

But the boys in black were still 'on show'
    I have a red suit.

I am on show

I dont care!
    And his mum has seen him in it too..
    I was hoping that wouldn't be mentioned! I used my number sporran!
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    well I love my speedos... just did an ironman and wore them for the whole thing.. only chaffing was on my nipples.. perhaps I shouldnt pull them up so far! :)