Home Chat General Chat

Dropping my chain - Front derailleur

Red Kev has been playing up a bit recently (I suspect because he now lives under the stairs rather than the spare room on orders from the misses).

Now when I drop to the small cog, I quite often drop my chain. Now aside from letting Red Kev back in the spare room (misses won't let me), can I sort this easily by tweaking the front derailleur? Is it relatively straightforward?

I'm an absolute muppet when it comes to mechanics and with London on Saturday I don't want to be fiddling around too much.

Ta very muchly.

Comments

• TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    sounds like you just need to tweak your derailleur slightly. Pretty easy to do, although all my weblinks are at home. I'll post something later for you.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Think it's the low position on your front mech. This adjusts how far the derailleur moves in the direction of the small ring. loads of stuff about making adjustments on YouTube or try Park Tool:

http://parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=75
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Also get a chain checker, chain tool, or chain fang. All it is, is a little piece of plastic that goes around your seat tube next to the chain and stops it coming off
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    If you don't have any luck drop it by the bike mechanics at the London Tri Expo. Leaving it a bit late, but for peace of mind might be a good idea.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Thanks guys, much appreciated!