Home Chat General Chat

London Tri - Check your race times!

Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
Right - this is probably a bit obvious, but if you're racing at London over the weekend, double check your race times now! I was going over my details again tonight and was more than slightly surprised to find that I've been moved to another time.

Two weeks ago when the times were published I downloaded the spreadsheet with all the details in it - I was in there as being in Race 20 on Sunday i.e. Male Olympic 30-34 starting at 15:40

This evening, I'm going through the details again, and I notice that it shows a different time on the front of my race pack which arrived yesterday. Now I'm in Sun 05 i.e. Male Olympic starting at 08.30. A download of the latest spreadsheet from the website confirms this. Eeek - just as well I figured that out beforehand. Different registration, bike route etc. etc.

I still have the original sheet and it wasn't just me being a muppet.

Check yours now!

Comments

• TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Yeah. This seems common. Friend if mine downloaded the start times when they were first published and were in the 15:40 race on Sunday. So cancelled a Hotel for Saturday night and booked it for the Sunday instead.

Race pack comes through and they're in the 08:30 wave. WTF?

Phoned IMG and complained, and were asked what wave they would like to go in, so all off at 15:10 instead.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Bizarre - I thought they might have been forced to reshuffle my wave becasue there was so many people in it - 642 I think. The one I'm in now has about 100 people less.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    This also happenen to me! Was supposed to be Sunday at 15.40 and now 8.30. I emailed them as soon as i noticed and was told that no times had been changed.
    I reckon they must have had too may in that wave and shuffled people around.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I would have emailed them but sent a different email the day before, and got an auto reply telling me that no-one was in the office and wouldn't be getting back to me before the race! Helpful a few days before the event.