Home Chat General Chat

Re-Use Lock Laces?????

I've just EOL my old trainers.. should I throw away the lock laces that I have fitted or put them into my new trainers..

do they degrade over time? Elastic wears out??

I have a new pair.. they just pink like my old "lucky" pair

Scotty

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    hang on, you're asking whether you should buy more bling?!

reuse recycle is noble and morally respectable, it may even be practical, but this is triathlon! i can recommend xtenses laces, they are much more bling than locks and come in pink. now buy buy buy!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Yeah - it's obviously the right time to upgrade the lock laces to something even fancier

On the other hand, while there will be some wear, they will last so much longer than the shoes (and more conventional laces). If they aren't damaged, and you can refit them, and they still do the job of holding your new pink little babies on, then they should be OK. If they seem loose, then time to get some more!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Damn it - I shamefully admit that when I got new shoes I re-used the elastic laces and did not buy more bling ........ HOWEVER my new shoes came with elastic laces and I reused the old elastic laces on my training pair So now I have racing and traing shoes both with elastic laces