Home Chat General Chat

Tri Trainers

meakiemeakie Posts: 124
are these a requirement? whats the difference between them and normal running trainers?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Nope...about £20.

I jest...well sorta.

Mostly 'tri' shoes will have a nod to bare foot running..fewer seams, easy to get on & be light..thats about it. Until I tried on some Zoots at Stratford I wasn't overly impressed with any of them..altho I love my gel Forsters...mainly due to the colors...Zoots however were sooooooooooo comfortable & this from someone who never runs without socks...but they got me thinking.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i think if you are starting out then your usual runners will be just fine.

like britspin said - lighter, big heel loop to help get them on, possibly designed for sockless running - all great but i'd have to be worrying about the time they'd save me before i got to thinking i'd shell out on them at the moment.

i'll settle for my brooks and elastic laces for now!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Like the guys have said, and they are also usually very light for lightweight, efficient runners. But 90% of people just go with normal runners and if you wanna save some precious time, get yourself some elastic laces. Whatever you are comfortable in.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Nods in agreement.

What ever you've got + some elastic laces would be fine.

The tri specific stuff tends to be high end.

Personally, I quite often don't wear socks with running shoes - except, latterly, comp. socks. Admittedly, mainly when doing X country, where all the rain and peaty mud just makes for tremendous cleaning issues. Anyway, the point is, that ordinary running shoes tend to be pretty comfortable too.

• gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    You can even save more money a skip the pukka elastic laces, and just use some of your gran's nicker elastic (make sure you;ve washed it first). Once the fit it correct just tie it off, and then you can slip you're shoes on and off.

Also worth having some more to use as a race belt, I know you're only saving about 1 fiver a piece, but every little helps

• meakiemeakie Posts: 124
    thanks guys, I already have lock laces in both my pairs of running trainers so I dont need to worry about that.

will prob stick with me usuals then

thanks!