Home Chat General Chat

3 triathlons in 3 weeks - any advice

In my first year and somehow i've been persuaded to do 3 triathlons in 3 weeks.

20/09 - OD - really my "a" race but my brother has bet me that he can beat me on 4th Oct (he had his new gf with him and just couldn't resist challenging me!!)
27/09 - sprint
04/10 - sprint

Would anyone recommend what to do between the three - was thinking monday rest and then Sat off with Friday just being a bit of speed work (20 mins bike, 10 mins run).

But what in between?!?!?

Cheers,

Will.

Comments

• TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    It's my first season as well, and back in April / May I did three Tri's over three weekends, but they were only Sprints. However, I', also in the same situation in a couple fo weeks time.
    23/08 Sprint (750m, 20km, 5km)
    27/08 Aqauthlon (750m, 5km)
    29/08 HIM (1900m, 96km, 21km)
    06/09 Sprint (750m, 20km, 5km).

with the Sprints only being around the 1:30 mark, really treating those as hard training sessions.

I'm looking to train up to 20/08, rest 21 & 22, race 23, rest 24, train 25, redt 26, race 27, rest 28, race 29, rest 30, 31, light train 31, and then train through the race on the 06/09.

That's the plan anyway. How it goes will be another post.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    yea - i hadn't looked at it like that - should be able to do them in just over 1h 20m so just a hard session - may just need a bit more recovery...
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    I am doing 3 tri in 3 weeks as well over the next couple of weekends 2 olympic and a relay.

My advice is if you have done the training before is on monday stretch and swim , tuesday hard bike about 2 hours , wednesday run , thursday soemthing easy friday stretching and saturday drink loads of water or other fluids.

Do treat the races like training as they are sprints and remember what you did wrong the weekend before and tri and correct them the next race

good luck and enjoy
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    A massage after an event makes quite a difference to your recovery rate. maybe treat yourself to one after the second one?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Cheers Guys,

Currently my bro has gone very quite on the actual booking of the tri - so it may be 2 in 3 weeks which might be a bit easier

Plus i'll be £40 up as he didn't turn up!!
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    one down two to go , did the allerthorpe olympic yesrerday 2.22 had a nice ice shower afterwards, got the club relays this weekend and then dorney olympic next bank holiday.

Did a nice ride afterwards to get rid of all the crap in my legs and training tonight .

Got to admit the dorney will be the last tri of the year will do some road races (running) during the winter and the odd 25 mile bike time trial .

:roll: