Home Chat General Chat

Sizing tri shoes

Hi
I am looking for some new cycling shoes and thought about getting a pair of tri specific shoes as thats what I want to participate in next year (if I can get the swim sorted, otherwise it will be duathlons!).
Anyway, I was looking at some Shimano shoes that are half price at the mo. They have size 45 and 46 left in stock. I normally take a 45 but I am sure I read on here that a size bigger is better? This is an online shop so can't try them on and not sure what their returns ploicy is on shoes. I can ring them but would be handy to know what your experiences are.
Many thanks

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    FTR my shimano shoes (TR-31s) are my normal shoe size.

didds
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    If you're normally a shimano 45 in road shoes then go with that. I wear mine without socks normally which introduces a bit of extra room when getting wet feet into them. Wouldn't want a size bigger, but that is just me.
  • Curly68Curly68 Posts: 21
    That sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    depending on how desperate you are to get them, the next time you are in a bike shop buying something
    (preferably the one you are building a relationship), try some on for size.

I can easily see there is an ethical dilemma in using them for "free" consultancy, but I would assuage this by you spending money on other items there. YMMV, and I totally respect this, and cannot overly defend my own suggestion.

didds