Home Chat General Chat

repairing wetsuit cuts/nicks

noticed this morning that I have a thumbnail shaped and quite deep (but not pierced the suit) cut/nick in my wetsuit.

what can I sue to patch it up? I was hoping for another year from it still (notwithstanding weight loss/body shape changes hopefully!) and it is only one nick, non poercing.




  • Or AQUASURE, and its as easy as repairing an innertube. Did exactly the same to my Helix about 2 years ago, used this stuff and the repair is still sound.

    Pick it up from most online surf shops.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408

    How bad is it, is it only a small nick?

    Black Witch is a def and it maybe worth while putting a patch on it to stop the tear/nick getting any bigger.
  • I would recommened black witch too... Also, sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if zips can be repaired? I have a wetsuit which is the perfect fit etc and i love it, i bust the zip and then purchased an Orca but its just not the same.. So if i could get my old buddy repaired that would be fantastic.. Ta!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Nah, once the zips are gone thats it (Ithink). Ask Tesseract. I was there when his went. had to give him one my Nike Pro tops to help hold everything together.

    In his case the zipper came right off, might be worth having it looked at though. Ask the manufacturer
  • jimmy,
    Just take it to a wetsuit maker. There's loads out there.
    Scuba diving chaps all love to have custom made wetsuits and so shops/firms abound that will simply unpick the old one and sew in a new one for you.
    Google them. You may need a trip to the coast as that's where most are based.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    well, its only a nick, but it is quite deep (not "through") and the size and shape of a thumbnail!

    have ordered the aqua-jobby stuff... many thanks to all that answered

  • As you are talking about repairing or sewing wetsuits the you have to get best speed sewing machine to sew your suits at very low cost.

Sign In or Register to comment.