Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon results

Hi

this is a long shot,

I was in the Gullane Beach triathlon yesterday 29th august. I had to leave sharp before results were posted, anyone know where I can get hold of the reults? I'm dying to find out what my time was!!

P.S

managed to remove my timing chip band with my wetsuit in t1 so no splits after swim! rookie mistake! Rubbish!!!

Comments

• durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    You could try the tri247 website but they might not be there until later in the week.

http://www.tri247.com/

VAM
  • britribritri Posts: 6
    Hi

i downloaded csv file from this address:

http://edinburghtri.org/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=28

my rookie mistakes - forgot to run 2nd lap of run - HRM/watch packed in so had no idea of how far i had run, also missed the race brief, went the wrong way on the bike, missed the fact it was now a 750m swim, not 1500m so slowed down on first 750 to save energy. What a nightmare -still, really enjoyed it

Brian
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    Good man!!
    I've been checking every where since yesterday afternoon for the results!!

I came 52! but there is 2 relay teams ahead of me so I'm claiming 50th for sure!!

What did you think of the swim? it was a bit rough!!

and the bike back into gullane felt like I wasn't moving!! It was my first race with police maned junctions, felt awesome blasting through!

Sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare britri! you going back for more next year??
  • well done, think i would have finished around 02:54 - in the mid 100's if i hadn't finished early! Im done as first place on the run with my 27min 10K! 'fessed up on Sunday after results posted, so I will probably have a DQ eventually.
    Really enjoyed it, wee bit disapointed with swim - it was so rough - i puked after swallowing 1/2 gallon of seawater. The wind on the bike was unbelievable - even downhill! Also, never realised that it was a hilly run, nearly died when I seen the hill up the golf course.
    Will definately be there next year - trying to find a few earlier ones to go for - need much more practise!

britri