Home Chat Race Chat

highworth triathlon - sept 20

risris Posts: 1,002
i know there's some 220 bods signed up for this.

i'm no.162, going out at 10.50am. if you see me then say hi.

Comments

• Im a slow one...going at 8.30
    no. 28!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    i'm off at 9:50... #98

didds
  • 9.35 for me.

Does anyone know if the ride and run are same as last year the links dont seem to be working
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i don't know for certain but i'm pretty sure they are the same, they're using the 2008 race information document in the downloads section.
  • Thanks
    Number 127

The routes are the same as last year, looking forward to the bike, lovely route. Not looking forward to the hill on the run, as I am a big girls blouse.
    if it wasn't for the hill on the run at faringdon last week (8% about 3miles in) i'd probably be thinking about it as well!
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Number 181

Starting at 11:05

I really MUST stop setting myself tough swim times (6:45 - what was i thinking?) that i can only just manage - it means my crap bike and run are shown up in glorious(?) technicolour when everyone in my wave (and the following waves) powers past me.

Still I'm going to be there early as i've got a bunch of mates going at 850 and 905 and I'm baby sitting!

Westher looks ok - sunny intervals and 18 degrees and 6mph wind speed.

Good luck everyone
  • You think that's bad - how about number 202 (5:35 swim time) 11:20 start time - swimming is my best event - I am hoping I will not be coming in last!!

I will be the one wheezing at the back!
  • What a great event really well run, very friendly.

9 mins quicker than last year which I'm well pleased with, but the uphill bit of the run still hurt like hell though.

9min improvement is superb work! and you are right about that hill, i was doing fine until the second lap and it ground me out. just managed to haul myself up it the third time!

i managed it in 1:12, which i'm really happy with. i took 11mins off last year, which seems a lot but it was a year of training has to be worth something from my first event!

edit - thought the idea of beer in the goody bag was inspired. certainly more fun than another water bottle or a bag.
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Right - well it was good and bad

Overall time 1:20:29.0 57th

Swim 6:36.7 18th
    T1 1:06.4
    Bike 42:34.5 58th
    T2 0:26.6
    Run 29:44.8 69th

Chuffed to bits about the swim, happy enough with the bike, but totally gutted with the run

But a great day - amazing weather and my four mates who were doing tri for the first time all loved it
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    just stuck my RR up under general guys... nice event, decently run 9and chip timed for £25 too!).

The beer didn't last long once I got home!

didds
  • I loved it too. A well run event with supportive & encouraging marshalls (& police).
    A tough run going round the field 3 times...and dont mention the hill!!
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Just put a bit of a report up in the main forum too.