Home Chat General Chat

Turbo sessions

I have recently got hold of a Tacz flow turbo, which has a monitor allowing me to see HR/Watts/Cadence and speed.

I have read a lot about training to power/watt, does anyone have any advice on this area and any turbo sessions that may be useful.

Andy

Comments

• What are your thoughts on the flow so far ? I'm on the verge of purchasing one, but have to admit to being slightly put off by the comparrative cost ?
  • Paul123Paul123 Posts: 13
    athoyle wrote:
    I have recently got hold of a Tacz flow turbo, which has a monitor allowing me to see HR/Watts/Cadence and speed.

I have read a lot about training to power/watt, does anyone have any advice on this area and any turbo sessions that may be useful.

Andy

I too am concidering buying one...your review would be appreciated.
  • athoyleathoyle Posts: 21
    Tacz flow seems good to me, has all the necessary functions i just find it really tedious (which is the same for any turbo). I need to find some good turbo sessions.

Although its the only turbo trainer I've had I would recommend it!
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Excellent turbo trainer!

However the power output it says isnt very accurate and can be upto 30% out.... each one is different...

Mine is approx 50W out compared to a wattbike or Powertap
    A friend of mines is 90W out compared to her Powertap.

But if yu only use it for training then you can still compare it to a previous ride done on there etc.

here are some sessions you can do:

Session 1
    15min warm up
    1 min max 1 min easy
    2 min max 2 min easy
    3 min max 3 min easy
    4 min max 3 min easy
    5 min max 3 min easy
    6 min max 3 min easy
    7 min max
    15 min cool down

Session 2
    15 min warm up
    15s sprint 15s spin x 3
    1 min easy spin
    15s sprint 15s spin x 5
    1 min easy spin
    15s sprint 15s spin x 7
    1 min easy spin
    15s sprint 15s spin x 9
    1 min easy spin
    15s sprint 15s spin x 11
    1 min easy spin
    15s sprint 15s spin x 13
    15 min cool down

Give them a go.....
  • doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Have a look for the series of Turbo training books by the cycling coach Pete Read, these are realy good, simple to follow and very effective.
    they are mainly designed for short to medium distance time trialists, but can obviously be used for triathletes and road racers.
    I used the red book and his "passport to speed video
    try ebay or amazon.