Home Chat Race Chat

Comments

• Oh no! Now I'm conflicted!
    What to do - IMUK or IM Wales??
    Get more time to train if I do IM Wales, but it'll probably be colder....
  • After IM UK in August, I did say I wouldn't do another one, then I reneged and said I would do one in 2012. But the inaugural IM Wales, on my doorstep, well, it would be rude not to. There go the plans for getting quicker in 2011, I'll do that in 2012.

Colder, check
    Choppier swim, in the sea, check
    Finishing in the dark, check (nothing changes there)
    Hilly, check
    Scenic, check
  • After doing IMUK 2010 and discovering I couldn't do it again next year because of a special family do I was dead chuffed to see IM Wales appear on the calendar. But come on guys, how expensive are these races going to get?! The truth is I will very likely do it anyway but there is a danger of pricing the IM races out of the market.
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    I Saw this event and was decided whether IMUK or Wales was going to be my first ever Ironman. . . .

Bottled it and went for IMUK as the thought of a sea swim at chilly O'clock and major hills and possible high winds scared the shit out of me

Probably do it in 2012 once I've lost my Ironman virginity
  • iron99iron99 Posts: 1
    OK .. signed up for IM wales. swim 1 hour later than bolton, clean water - Not "Toxic Scum" as all the yellow signs that surrounded the lake was warning us of at Bolton last year!
  • Welcome aboard, let the fear begin
  • Looks incredible doesnt it.

I would love to do it for my first but the sea swim is stopping me

(I know I'm a wimp)
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    andyflanagan wrote:
    Looks incredible doesnt it.

I would love to do it for my first but the sea swim is stopping me

(I know I'm a wimp)
    Hell, if you're gonna drown, it may as well be somewhere pretty!
  • Hi
    I was entered into the Ironman UK but decided to transfer to Wales. I just feel if things are getting tough, it might as well be in a scenic place.
  • Signed up for IM Wales first one cant think of a better place to do it!
  • Anyone who is thinking about doing IM Wales, it's a must! I done it last year as my first IM and was totally blown away by the course and especially the support. It was a fantastic day,not an easy day but one that I will always remember. You should look at the IM Wales Facebook site if you have any doubts and look at all the fantastic feedback. It was braw!
  • I did it last year.....well two thirds of it anyway, missed the bike cut off my minutes due to a number of reasons (being fat, not cycling enough before hand, too many hills and gale force winds......but mainly being fat! :roll: )

great course, support was increadable, am i going to enter again...........already signed up #unfinishedbusinessintenby
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I'm hoping to register for Wales when I get back from doing IM NZ next week. I might even do IM UK too.
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    hussler. wrote:
    I'm hoping to register for Wales when I get back from doing IM NZ next week. I might even do IM UK too.
    Nutter.