Home Chat General Chat
Options

LEJOG in four days.

Hello everyone my lunatic brother wants to do LEJOG in four days, does anyone know the quickest route for him and has anyone here done it before.

Comments

• Options
    hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    That would equate to approx 240 miles a day.........I think the world record stands at about 2 and half days.....so to do it in 4 on your own would be one hell of an achievement.

We have a team at work who are doing it next year but taking 16 days..... I was going to join them but unfortunately I should be competing at the World Long Course Champs in Germany 2 weeks later lol

I think the quickest route is west coast.... there are loads of routes on the net... google it
  • Options
    wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    I did a solo unassisted JOGLE in August (8 days) and (having failed once before on a long route - West Coast of Scotland), I took a very direct route. Sod the scenery, I just wanted to get it done.

I came from JOG, Inverness, Fort William, Glencoe Pass, Crianlarich, Glasgow, Shap Fell, Down the A6, picked up the A49, Wigan, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster, Gloucester, Bristol, Launceston, to the South Coast of Cornwall, Penzance, LE. job done 920 miles.

As I said I did it in 8 days, some of it was tougher than other bits. I averaged 115 miles a day, least was 108, max 121. To be honest, I couldn't have done a lot more than that, as doing it day on day was pretty tough. You need to eat a hell of a lot each day to keep going. So if you aren't riding, your eating. If you get it wrong (i.e. eat the wrong stuff) you'll be ill and have to jack it in (which is what happened to me first time round, too many sweets and got the runs - badly).

To do it in 4, would be one hell of an achievement and in my book, not too enjoyable! I couldn't do it, simple as that. If he is seriously going to attempt this, I'd suggest he must have some serious miles in his legs already and have some serious endurance.

My route was pretty direct, my only change if I did it again would be to find a way round Glasgow, I got seriously lost and added on 10 miles as a result. I was having a bad day mentally and really didn't need it. So all in all, it was a pretty good, direct route, just find a way round glasgow!

Let me know if you want any more info.

Good luck to the guy!