Home Chat General Chat

The Outlaw

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this but if anyone was thinking of doing this LD tri entries have opened - i had registered my email address with One Step Beyond who said they would give prior notice of when entires would open, in the last email i received it said they would open on 1st Nov. However, i just happen to check the website at dinner today and found a list of confirmed entries so i quickly signed up, bare in mind there are only 1,000 places - So if you were (like me) waiting for Sunday before attempting to enter...dont...log on and enter now...

Comments

• I've just entered this too. £184 for non BTF member, beats £280 for the branded M. race last year.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I'm in too. Got butterflies in the tummy again when I sent the entry.

Now where did I put that training plan?

Ade
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Gharv is there...........
  • IronABSIronABS Posts: 66
    I'd just like to apologise to One Step Beyond they had sent me the "heads up on entries" email it just got filtered into my Junk box!!! Anyway i'm in now...the long road starts here (well acouple of weeks a go actually, but that didnt sound as good)
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Zacnici is there 'The Fear' is not allowed and has been banished along with 'Doubt' - they have no place here
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Had a bit of a recce of the course on Saturday - 1 lap.

The A52 out of HPP is flat and fast - i thought at first my speedo was buggered as we cruised along at 25 mph.

Maybe this is why it only took 3 miles for us to miss the first real turn off the A52 - busy road.

I won't go through blow by blow the roads but my initial thoughts were that the roads were very busy and a lot of Nottinghams drivers are very good at beeping horns, body language and shouting out of windows. Seriously must have happend at least 5 times.

My other observation was that the course whilst not a hill fest was certainly not pancake flat and had a fair few cheeky hills that will cewrtainly start to tell on us ordinary cyclists on lap 2 and 3. Also the Lowdam to east Bridgeford road on the way back to HPP after the loops is a long uphill drag and will be a real twat after 100+ miles then if thats not enough there are a lot of steepish climbs back up to Radcllife. Not the way you want to warm up for the marathon.

Course was also a bit windy at Hockerton and Kirklington end of the course today and back into HPP along the A52.

Really enjoyed it though 51 miles in just over 3 hours so not a bad mornings work.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Thanks for that little report GHarv.

Were the comments from the charming motorists of Nottingham welcome encouragement for your efforts, or perhaps carefully constructed witicisms. Surely not the kind of childish Chewbacca impersonation I often hear around here that only conveys the message

' I've seen a cyclist, must make this observation known to the herd, have lost all higher forms of brain function and the ability to communicate - I know "HOOOOUUUUUUAAAAAAARRRGGH!!" - there, that showed them'

Ade