Home Chat General Chat

Sponsorship

Hi all,

I know this is rather cheeky but it is for a very worth while cause.

I will be taking part in the Ironman 70.3 UK and will be raising money on behalf of Rotary International. Rotary are the charity partners of the event and do a lot to raise money for many varied charities. The principal causes jointly supported by Ironman UK & Rotary in connection with the 2010 event are:

Leukaemia Research Fund
Childrens Hospices
Marie Curie Cancer Care
Life Education

The Ironman 70.3 consists of a 1.2 mile swim, equal to 79 lengths of the pool, but in the open water of Wimbleball lake. Followed by a 56 mile bike ride, the same as cycling from London to Oxford. Finally I will run a 13.1 mile half marathon run, the same distance as the Great North run. If this isn’t hard enough, the UK event is considered to be the hardest event of its kind in the world, due to the 2648 meters of combined climbing throughout the bike and run course. I am hoping to achieve the total distance of 70.3 miles in six and a half hours.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate.

Please donate as much as you can to this great cause below.

Thanks again

Grant