Home Chat General Chat

Man Flu

Does any one train when they are ill ? Went for a 15km run yesterday and now feel like my head going to blow off !!!
Anyone now any quick ways to get over this ?

cheers
Dave

Comments

• TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    A January Surf usually knocks it clean out of me!!

try menthol crystals (ask at boots), put a pinch in a bowl of hot steaming water and stir. Get your head over it and breath it in. keep your eye's closed though cause they'll sting!!

heaps of oranges and fluids

you'll be back in no time!
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    i believe the general rule when it comes to training when unwell is: if your symptoms are above the neck only ( headache, blocked nose, cough, sore throat etc) you train
    if they are below neck (muscular pain, shivering, fever, lung pain, palpitaions etc) you don't
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Its a diffuclt thing to assess yourself when it comes to illness and training. As sporteve mentioned abouyt the above below the head idea, it sounds like a perfectly good way of working it out but.............. I have been told by doctors that you can make an illness much worse by traing while you still have the symptons. When you stree the body you lower its resistance to illness/infection as it trys to repair/recover from the exersion. This can not only make the illness worse but last longer.

I think I would get dosed up on lemsip Vit c and loads of friut and veg. Keep warm and keep your fluids up. Sit it out fro 3 days and not worry about the lost time just make sure you setlle back into your plan when you can. After all whats a few days when it comes to your health in the long term!!!!!