Home Chat General Chat

Which rental wetsuit

Hi

I am training for my first tri, a sprint one at Blenheim and am looking at renting a wetsuit with a view to purchasing it at the end of the season. The choice seems to be between a 2XU T:0 or the Speedo STR1.5. Which one in your view should I go for?

Comments

• Simple answer is, the one thats fits the best. A cheap wetsui that fits well will always be better then a top of the range wetsuit that doesn't. When you try them on, make sure that it is is far into the crotch and up under the arms as possible, this should ensure that it's on properly.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    The one that fits!

Wetsuit fit is an oft bemoaned at topic and the sizing charts have about as much credibility as an an MPs expenses claim.

My wetsuit fits very nicely but according to Orca, I am an extra 4" (or was that 6"?) in height and weigh an extra 7 kgs. The first one I tried on, which according to their sizing chart should have been a perfect fit, had me doubled over with the zip refusing to move past the bottom of my shoulder blades.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Zacnici wrote:
    The one that fits!

Wetsuit fit is an oft bemoaned at topic and the sizing charts have about as much credibility as an an MPs expenses claim.

My wetsuit fits very nicely but according to Orca, I am an extra 4" (or was that 6"?) in height and weigh an extra 7 kgs. The first one I tried on, which according to their sizing chart should have been a perfect fit, had me doubled over with the zip refusing to move past the bottom of my shoulder blades.
    I'll second that, I had the exact same problem last year with an Orca wetsuit. If one is from somewhere you can try it on, and one from an online retailer, go with the one you can try on. Having swum 3.8km in my poorly fitting wetsuit I looked like I had been hung for a couple of weeks afterwards after severe chaffing of the neck, not to mention back ache after curling to fit the length of it. This year I'll be trying one on before a buy a new one.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Fit Fit Fit

3 magic words when it comes to wetsuits.

If the place you are gonig to hire from is to far away to try it on then pop to a more local wetsuit stockist and try it on there. Once you have the size of the suit you want!!! Voila you hire from the interweb!