Home Chat General Chat

TCR Show

Obviously a newbie so went to the TCR show on Saturday to see what I could see.

First impressions. It's quite small. And TBH, It might be better being called "The Triathlon show" I imagine if you were solely a runner or cyclist you'd be disappointed. A good 1/3 of the stands were nutrionally based so that was interesting. Quite why one stand had a Ferrari Enzo on it. I'm not sure

Goodie Bag. Have to say this was brilliant! Easily over £9s worth of magazine (Triathlete Europe) and various Energy foods. Sadly I didn't go to the tri247 stand to see what I had won. And their website doesn't list the winning numbers either. Never mind.

220 Seminars. I sat in my seat for over 3 hours! They were that good.

10:45 one (Steve Trew - Intro for beginners) I can imagine that he runs a very good coaching sessions. he seems to have the right approach to teaching
11:30 Open Water Swimming - Maarten van der Weijden. Maybe didn't learn so much but it was an interesting talk none the less. I've now watched the 10km open water swim race from Beijing 08 on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0iRKR7DCuQ
12:15 Bike fitting. Good info, but felt rushed.
13:00 Chrissie Wellington - What can you say? Mr Trew conducted the proceedings and the first sentance said it all "This is the best triathlete in the world" Came across very well and wasn't afraid to give very specific answers to questions. The nutrion one was very indepth. I turned round near the end and wasn't surprised to see the whole hall was FULL, people standing all round the sides to hear her speak.

Only downside was that 45mins wasn't really long enough for Steve Trews and the Bike Fitting one.

Would I go again? Not sure. Would depend on the seminars really. I don't want to be negative, but as a complete novice the show obviously isn't aimed at myself. It's not a bad show and if you haven't been I would suggest you go next year.

Anybody else from here go?

Comments

• Yeah, I went on the Saturday and the Sunday. Was really good, got a free massage on the Saturday and the Sunday. Did the Evans Sportive on the Sunday in the rain and the cold.

Overall the show was really good, worth going just for the free stuff (if you are near), i got two lots of free stuff as i went on the Sat and the Sun.

I would agree that it is definately catered towards the Triathlete rather than runners of cyclists. The other tyhing is that about 50% of stalls were food/energy relataed, which wasnt that bad a thing as you got lots of free samples, felt pretty sick buy the end of the show! I did buy a few things (areo helmet, bike helmet and wetsuit), and it was good to be able to try on so many dfferent wetsuits and helmets and not feel pressured to buy them.

The talks were pretty good, especially Chrissie Wellingtons Q&A, the others i went to i got a bit bored with after a while.

I would go again, only if they did a rideit event or 10k run which i could also do, as the show maybe is a little small and would have benefitted from more bike manufacturers being there.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Conehead wrote:

I'm not sure why the zipvit guy needed to have his Ferrari Enzo in there either, but this is triathlon which is a willy waving-fest at best of times so no surprise really
    They are made of carbon
  • Jules wrote:
    [quote="Conehead":lvqp2g1c]
    I'm not sure why the zipvit guy needed to have his Ferrari Enzo in there either, but this is triathlon which is a willy waving-fest at best of times so no surprise really
    They are made of carbon [/quote:lvqp2g1c]

. . . and com in red
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Not disagreeing Mr.C, but what does Tri not do that other sports do as far as nutrition & training, in your estimation? Do you mean training as far as the Triathlon England coaching courses go?
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Conehead wrote:
    Ahh, that's what that red thing spoiling the backdrop to the P4 was