Home Chat General Chat

Bike computer for a turbo??

So, finally got myself a turbo. Just a quick question do most people use a speedo with one so you have an idea of how far/fast etc you've gone? And if so what do you guys use? Currently got a Cateye Strada wireless which is great but don't think it will transmit over the distance from the rear tyre to the bars.

Comments

• bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I've got a Cateye strada Cadence ,the magnet is on the back wheel and it also has Cadence which is realy useful .
    It's not too expensive either .

• BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I've just got a Tescos own brand bog standard wired one my mate gave me. It just stretches to the rear wheel if you mount it on the stem not the handlebars. Although may depend on your size of bike. Can't imagine she paid too much for it prob about a tenner
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    use your existing one.

Put the magnet on the rear wheel and mount the sensor. Then take off the bike computer from its mount and tape it to the top tube with some plasters. That way it won't mark your frame.

Not ideal, but if your strapped for cash then it works. Although its a pain when you have to switch them back when you get back outside.
  • Fox5Fox5 Posts: 21
    Thanks for the input guys, gonna try and rig mine up first like shadow suggested rather than buying another and giving more money to wiggle.